In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care.
- Behavior Information This site is a wonderful source for a wide variety of pet behavior informatin. Suzanne Hetts, Ph.D. and Daniel Q. Estep, Ph.D. are both certified, degreed applied animal behaviorists. You'll find expert information and recommendations on such problems as house soiling, separation anxiety, aggression, barking, cat scratching and destructive behavior, and more. You can even sign up for a FREE monthly newsletter.
- More Behavior Information Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior.
- Dog Breed Information The American Kennel Club has official information on all AKC recognized breeds of dogs. If you are interested in researching your next pet, or are just looking for general information on breeds of dogs, this is the website for you.
- Orthopedic Foundation for Animals Information on OFA certifications for your dog.
- Adopting a New Pet Are you looking for a new four legged friend? With so many unwanted dogs and cats out there, most people choose to adopt their new pet. At Petfinder.com you can search the animals that the local rescue organizations have for adoption.
- Our clinic recommends and sells Hill's Pet Nutrition products. Click on the Hill's logo to go to their website which has good information about your pet's nutrition.
- House Rabbit Society An international nonprofit organization that rescues rabbits and educates the public on rabbit care and behavior.
- Heartworm Society Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement
We have all experienced the pain of losing a pet. The Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement has set up this site for support during this most difficult time. You will find inspirational stories, grief counseling resources, hotline number and many other resources.
- National Animal Poison Control CenterThis is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- Plants Toxic to Animals, Introduction -- Vet Med Library, UIUC
A lot of information about toxic plants can be found here. You can search under common name or scientific name of the plant.
- The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA)
The Cat Fanciers' Association website has lots of pictures, as well as information on cat breeds, cat care, upcoming cat shows, and much more.
- Veterinary Schools in the US This is a great link to all of the websites of veterinary schools in the United States.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- Rainbow Bridge
Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members
- American Veterinary Medical Association
This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
The AAFP is like the American Medical Association for cat doctors, and has lots of good information regarding feline health
- Veterinary Information NetworkVIN is the world's first and largest online veterinary community
- The American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA)
- Growing up with pets This is an excellent resource for tips and infomation on raising children with pets.
- Giving your cat oral medications Here are some steps and helpful hints for giving cats oral medications.
- Pet Insurance Univeristy This is an excellent website discussing pet insurance options.