The History of Paw Paw Veterinary Clinic
In December 1969 Duane Baker, DVM and his wife Penny purchased the Paw Paw Veterinary Clinic from Robert Stewart, DVM. The Bakers lived at the home and attached clinic. Fire destroyed the building in April 1977. A new, 1700 sq. ft. clinic was built on the same premises and occupied in May of 1978. Since 1978 several expansions and interior renovations have brought the clinic to 4,289 sq. ft. In 1995 Duane and Penny's daughter Ann Marie Baker became a Licensed Veterinarian and started practicing alongside her dad.
The clinic's growth has paralleled the community's growth. Technology has also increased the number of services and growth of the clinic. In 1969 the thought of obtaining a Complete Blood Count and Blood Chemistry in minutes was unimaginable and now this is reality. Ultrasound, endoscopy, videoscope, laser surgery and other equipment have all led to greater advances in diagnosis and treatments. Growth and technology have not replaced caring. Each and every one of the doctors and staff at PPVC truly love what they do every day and pour their heart and soul into helping their patients and clients.